Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Books to Read

I feel as though the tube has controlled my life for too long, I feel the screen writers are molding my life into a melting pot of mediocrity and conformity, I feel I need to regain my position at the top of my life ladder. The elimination of the television from my to-do lists, I will finally see with unclouded eyes. Let the words of written literature shape my opinions, my ideas, and my life. No longer will I be a slave to the corporate advertisements, and will be able to see art. I am compiling a list of books to read, the intent is to broaden my knowledge, and to think through the fog society casts down upon the world. Here are 10 books, I will begin with Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

  1. 1984-George Orwell
  2. Three Musketeers-Alexandre Dumas
  3. The Count of Monte Cristo-Alexandre Dumas
  4. Oliver Twist-Charles Dickens
  5. The Old Man and the Sea-Ernest Hemingway
  6. Moby Dick-Herman Melville
  7. The Origin of Species-Charles Darwin
  8. Frankenstein-Mary Shelley
  9. Fahrenheit 451-Ray Bradbury
  10. Uncle Tom's Cabin-Harriet Beecher Stowe

No comments: